At Lavender Group Homes we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. Whatever your role, we will ensure that you receive high-quality accredited training and development, including professional qualifications, in order for you to deliver the highest quality care to our children and young adults.
In order to start you off on the right foot, you will be required to attend a minimum two week induction period. The induction process will give you the initial skills and knowledge for your role.
Ofsted and CQC require Lavender Group Homes to have an adequately qualified and skilled workforce in all of our homes. Therefore you will be given the opportunity to undertake a professional qualification provided for by us. These consist of vocational and work-related qualifications that are designed to allow you to learn in the workplace and put into practice the skills and knowledge you have gained that you will need for your role.
Some of the learning and development that you can expect to achieve as part of your career development includes:
- Maybo Safer Children: Conflict Management, Disengagement & Holding
- Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression
- Level 2 Emergency First Aid
- Level 2 Manual Handling
- Introduction to Safeguarding Children and Working with Children
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- NCFE CACHE Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Boots Medication Administration: Safe Handling of Medicines
- Managing Behaviour with Attachment in Mind